We started building Langedrag in 1978, and finished in 1981. When it was finished, we had facilities for 20 children on school camp for a week. Today, we have 29 rooms and can facilitate for 90-100 people. Langedrag today offers overnight stays to all who wants to experience a close encounter with animals and nature.
The rooms are of simple standard. The rooms have 2, 3, 4 or 6 beds and primarily consists of bunkbeds with duvets and pillows. Bedlinens and towels is not included. You may bring your own or rent bedlinens/towels from us. Each room has a sink, with newly upgraded bathrooms in the hall. A few rooms have rooms with private baths.
We serve our breakfast and dinner in our dininghalI. During breakfast, you may help yourself to a lunchpack that can be enjoyed at lunch, while your thermos can be filled with coffee/tea. Dinner is a set menu, with soup, main course and dessert. If you have any allergies, please let us know. .
Langedrag offers a lot of different, exciting activitities. See more of what we offer here: aktiviteter where you can read more about:
- Fishing: Try your luck, buy a licence and try out our fishingpond Rovtjern.
- Medieval-festival: Jousting, plays, medieval food, yarn colouring and lots more.
- Christmas show at Langedrag.
- Seterday: Come join us for a traditional Norwegian summer in the mountain cabin. We make cheese, make flatlaps, coalsticks and learn more about the old ways.
- Ridingtrips in the mountains with a spectacular view.
- Visit our wolves and lynx, an exclusive guided tour inside the fence.
- Artic fox-camp. Meet our foxes and perhaps you'll learn"what does the fox says".
- Dogsledding and lots more.
- Here at Langedrag we milk our goats and from our dairy we process the milk to make two delicious cheeses. A brown cheese that is sharp with a touch of sweetness and a white cheese that has a subtle smooth nutty flavour not dissimilar to a Brie. You can buy these products from our shop.